Friday, July 20, 2007

First Glimpse: The Darjeeling Limited


How awesome is this one sheet?

The two films that I've been excited about for the longest time that are still coming out this year have been P.T. Anderson's There Will Be Blood and Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited.

In the latter case, I've been just a little hesitant - I think mostly because I have to listen to people who criticize The Life Aquatic in spite of the fact that I love the little oddball film. But this one sheet came along and reinstilled my faith. Who's psyched?

Also, I'm gonna get back to posting more topics, even if they're just teaser topics like this. I was gonna post one relating to the worthiness or non-worthiness of one Adam Sandler, but then I saw this poster and that got kicked to the curb for now. Oh, and I'm watching A Very Long Engagement tonight, so thoughts and a post coming this weekend...

6 comments:

Brian Mulligan said...

Oh, one other thing. Heading to Hilton Head Island starting tomorrow morning on a family vacation. As long as my grandmother still has the internet, things should stay pretty much the same. If she has recessed back into the stone age though, then I might be out of commission for a week. I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to find out.

chachiincharge said...

Yep I'm definitely excited too. Life Aquatic was his worst film, but it was still great to see especially visually. I thought the stop motion animation was gorgeous. Goldblum was a hoot.

Don't know much about this one except it involves three brothers on vacation in Asia I believe.

I guess your excited for an Adrien Brody film again.

chachiincharge said...

Also don't expect much posting from me the next few days. I got the new Harry Potter and I have to finish it before someone spoils it for me.

I'm talking to you pengin.

Brian Mulligan said...

Yes, I am excited about an Adrien Brody movie. But I would be excited about a Wes Anderson movie starring Cher or Lindsay Lohan too, Anderson just seems to use his cast to perfection. That Brody is in it does nothing for me, but I'm hopeful he'll be better here than he has been since The Pianist.

And as you can see, still have access to the internet so I will be back on here later to post a forum for our A Very Long Engagement discussion. There is much to discuss...

thedexter said...

I wish I could understand why people don't like Life Aquatic as much as his other movies. I think it fits right in. Yeah, this looks great though. What happened to the Fantastic Mr. Fox?

Brian Mulligan said...

Really sorry for the lack of updates, but I'm on vacation, can ya blame me? Things will be back to normal - better even - when I get back on Sunday. As for now, talk amongst yourselves and Chachi, hope you finished your Potter fix. I've yet to see Potter 5, but have seen Breach, Bobby and I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry over vacation. I'll save my comments for later, but suffice to say I really enjoyed one of them... and it ain't Chuck nor Larry.

Blog Directory - Blogged