Monday, August 20, 2007

Engagement Announcement

Because I can, I wanted to post a notice simply saying that Kelly and I got engaged over the weekend. I couldn't be happier and couldn't be looking forward to marrying her more.

But that's enough sentimental stuff. I also saw Superbad over the weekend and I can't help but be lovin' some McLovin. Chachi come back so we can discuss. I have to admit though that at this point in the year, I've totally turned around on my previous statements about how it was a lazy year. With summer additions to my Top 10 such as Superbad, Knocked Up, Ratatouille, The Lookout (caught up with it on DVD over the summer), Hot Fuzz (early summer) and Bourne Ultimatum... the year is shaping up quite nicely (and I never expected the summer movie season to be this year's saving grace, I sit here shocked).

5 comments:

pengin said...

Congrats Mulligan. Best wishes to you and Kelly. As for Superbad...damn awesome. It deserves a post of its own. But, since I'm now going on week 3 or 4 of writing my Rescue Dawn and Sunshine post...I don't think I'm the guy to do it.

chachiincharge said...

That's fantastic Mulligan. I never met Kelly, but judging from her comments she has left on your MySpace, she is truly in love with you. Best wishes to the two of you. If your anything like Adam and Sam, you best dance to "Storybook Love." And if you like, I have been honing my ventriloquist act.

"It aint easy being white...It aint easy being brown..."

chachiincharge said...

Oh and Superbad was exactly as I suspected. I don't think I've had such high hopes for a film, and not only were they met, but they were surpassed. If I get time, I'll try to post on it. It definitely deserves it.

Brian Mulligan said...

Thanks to the both of you for the well wishes and congrats.

And you guys are both right about Superbad deserving its own post, but my next one is still going to be "The Film Script's Top 7 - Best Franchises" that I've been postponing since you guys have been gone.

Oh and Ted, I noticed the Sunshine and Rescue Dawn post a while back and read through some of it. Good stuff, can't wait until you finish it. It's so long I feel like I owe it to you to actually go see at least one of those films since I haven't yet just so I can comment on it. I've wanted to see both, probably Rescue Dawn more, but I think Sunshine might be the one I get to. But I'll try to do that sometime soon so I have something worthwhile to contribute to the conversation.

Also, this coming weekend Kelly and I complete the move back to Fredericksburg! So if you guys want to meet up and do one of these "Screening Sessions" sometime that'd be good, either that or at the least if you guys can't get a hold of a film and need to borrow it (a la Bugsy, feel free to stop by and grab it... all the movies I've picked thus far have been ones already gracing my collection).

Carol said...

Ok so I am a little late, but congrats Brian =) I'm really happy for you and Kelly =)

As for Superbad...I haven't seen it and I'm probably going to wait for my brother to download it lol

Blog Directory - Blogged