Sunday, December 9, 2007

Announcements: "After the Credits" and "The Acting Tournament"


In my never-ending quest to review absolutely every movie that comes my way... I'm announcing another new movie review column for the site. Whereas "In the Screening Room" has been my way of reviewing 'classics' missed from recent decades and "Married to the Movies" have been my way of keeping up with recent misses from the theaters... "After the Credits" will be my new article, along with my bridetobe Kelly, dealing with current releases that we do catch in theaters. As of yet, we're still working on ways to differentiate them from the other two columns, but the plan is to keep all three chugging along. The more posts, the more conversation, and the more conversation... the better. I'm looking forward to this. The first two reviews will either be Juno and There Will Be Blood... or Atonement might work it's way in there depending on when Juno shows up in Fredericksburg theaters. This will be a way of keeping me more up to date with my reviews and let me try to work in a fresh perspective into the site.

Also... I'm announcing the formation of two Round Robin Acting tournaments. I will need everyone who regularly contributes (me, Tyler, Kelly, Rebecca, Ted) to submit a Top 10 list of contemporary Actors and Actresses to my e-mail address at mulligan@temple.edu. From which, I will fashion a field of 8 acting representatives for the male and the female side who will battle it out for the Top Acting positions of 2007. I'm a list geek, so what? These are the actors and actresses that RIGHT NOW you most look forward to seeing in their films. They can be anyone. Old, young, whomever that you most want to see in a film. Keep in mind that more than likely people with no more than 1 nomination will only receive an honorable mention heading into the tournament. From there on, we will vote the field of 8 down to 1 and see who represents our collective favorite actor and actress of 2007.

Hey, I think it's cool. So shut it.

Haha.

Let the nominations begin...

10 comments:

chachiincharge said...

So let me just clear this up...you make two top 10 lists (one for actors, aone for actresses) or one top 10 coed list.

And I think we should all leave off Scott Baio since we know he is the obvious winner.

Brian Mulligan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Mulligan said...

Dammit, Bob Loblaw was my #1! I love that cheeky bastard.

And yes, two separate lists. Two separate tournaments. Two separate winners! (I feel like I'm in a Roman Colosseum announcing a fight to the death... but ignore me, I just finished Spartacus). Woooo!

(whoops, somehow I managed to misspell bastard and I just couldn't let it stay that way... had to delete and edit)

pengin said...

Alrite...further clarifications needed as I am sleepy and only half-functioning. 2 lists...got that. 1 for the fellas, and one for the ladies, but my question is this: should said actors have a movie that was or will be released this year, or can I choose, say, Abe Vigoda?

Brian Mulligan said...

I'm clarifying as this... an actor who is still active today whose films you look forward to. Doesn't have to have a film released in '07 necessarily but should at least have one in '08 upcoming then.

Brian Mulligan said...

Still need two of these lists before I can start the tournament. The girls have done it. Let's get it going guys, c'mon. 2 lists. 20 names. Not too hard.

chachiincharge said...

Man I came up with a rough draft of about 90 actors...and thats just the men. You know how long it will take to widdle it down. Give me another week. I'll get it to ya. You and your damn lists I swear.

Speaking of which, I think you could do a list of top 10 duos. Found a lot of duos on my list that I will leave off for later.

pengin said...

Yeah...I'll make my list while at work tonight and try to get it to you over the weekend.

pengin said...

Ok...this time I promise...no fingers crossed or nothing...I will have my list to you...by the end of the year. 4 days. I can make a list in 4 days. I hope. I think. Probably not. I'll try real hard though.

Brian Mulligan said...

Sounds good, but when you finish the list can you send it to lookout0238@yahoo.com? My temple e-mail is about to expire, so I don't want you to cobble together a list only for me to never see it. After you get it to me, I'll post the results and start the tourney at the beginning of the new year. Thanks.

Blog Directory - Blogged