Sunday, June 1, 2008

Must See Movie of the Month: June 2008




June is an atypically lame month for movies this year. Being that there are more films coming out this month where the idea of seeing them actually physically scares the hell out of me (You Don't Mess with the Zohan, The Love Guru) than "must see" films, I've begun to question whether I've somehow traveled back in time a few months to relive January all over again? Seriously, up until I noticed the latest Pixar movie was coming out... I had M. Night Shymalan's The Happening listed in this position (and the last movie of his I liked was 6 years and 3 movies ago, for my hometown Bucks County-filmed Signs). But the promise of a new Pixar in which the first 40 minutes are entirely speechless? I can't resist.

Who else wants to see it and what are your "must see's" of the month?

Other Notables:

The Happening, Get Smart (I loved the TV show, here's hoping), The Incredible Hulk (why Norton, why? This has Daredevil written all over it), My Winnipeg

5 comments:

pengin said...

WALL-E!!! I'm convinced this will be the best movie of the year. I'm always excited for the new Pixar film, but this one just blows me away. The full trailer that was in front of Indy 4 may be one of the best I've ever seen. As much as I was looking forward to Iron Man and Indy, and am looking forward to Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder, and Pineapple Express, this is easily my most anticipated film of the year.

Also excited for Kung-Fu Panda. I know. Its a Dreamworks flick and they normally suck, but the reviews have been really good, and it's about a Panda. That does kung-fu. Awesome. Get Smart...I like Steve Carell and the Rock. Plus it's got David Koechner, so, I'm there. The Incredible Hulk...I respect what Ang Lee was going for with the last film, but it didn't work. I'm really hoping this one does. Norton and Roth are both among my favorites, so I'm holding out some hope. The Promotion also comes out this month. John C. Reilly is great, and the buzz on this has been good.

Brian Mulligan said...

First of all, welcome back pengin!

Second, I don't know about Kung Fu Panda... even the positive reviews for some reason aren't getting me interested in that film, but I did just accidentally leave off The Promotion. John C. and Seann William Scott in a movie together? Sure, why not?

But you're absolutely right about Wall-E lookin' great. I don't think it'd be my most anticipated, but Pixar's latest is always high on my list... and this is by the director/writer of Finding Nemo? Hell yeah, sign me up.

chachiincharge said...

Would women find me to be as cute as Wall-E if I came to the film in my own make-shift costume made of used pizza boxes, possum traps, and my granny's aeronautical goggles from when she had a tryst with the Red Baron (not Snoopy)....or can I just assume that I will have to start creating my own female Wall-E to love since all women will have a restraining order on me from hence forth.

chachiincharge said...

Oh and yes, I too am excited for Wall-E.

Rebecca said...

Bring it on!: Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, The Happening, Wanted, The Promotion, Get Smart, Quid Pro Quo
Meh:Sex and the City, The Incredible Hulk
Shoot me:You Don't Mess With the Zohan, Mongol, The Love Guru

Blog Directory - Blogged