Monday, May 5, 2008

Must See Movie of the Month: May 2008






Okay, so I had to pick two this month and in honor of the summer blockbuster season kicking off... I'm also staying out of the arthouse cinemas that I've been frequenting (My Blueberry Nights, The Visitor). So, as much as I'd like to see Son of Rambow, it just couldn't hold up to these two titles. Plus, considering everyone's probably already seen Iron Man by now, I felt we needed an additional choice.

Who else wants to see it and what are your "must see's" of the month?

Other Notables:

Son of Rambow, Redbelt, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian , War, Inc. , Sex and the City: The Movie, Speed Racer

2 comments:

chachiincharge said...

Um, you forgot to mention "What happens in Vegas." Ashton is a god.

I know I haven't commented much recently, but I'll get to a lot of it tomorrow. I hope.

chachiincharge said...

Yeah those would be my two picks too.

Iron Man was a great intro to the universe. I think the casting was perfect and the FX was never overbearing. The origin was updated and reflects our current times very nicely. Also it is a very funny film. Plus it gave us a lot of geek out moments for us fans of the comic especially after the credits roled.

My only real bother was the villain. Not that the role wasn't played well, but the character certainly turns quickly didn't they. They suddenly gave up being a model citizen and decide to go all evil on us. Also the final battle wasn't really exciting in terms of action. Nothing I couldn't have conceived of myself.

That said I liken it a lot to Hellboy. They created a fantastic character with a great backstory. Now they just need a better villain to take on. I have a felling that as much as I liked this one, that iron Man 2 will be so much better with Mandarin and Stark's alcoholism coming into play. Go Favreau!

Blog Directory - Blogged