Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lists of Bests


So the Academy Awards are less than a week away at this point (and yes the official "Film Script" Oscar predictions post is forthcoming) but for now I'm focused more on the future of the "Screening Room Sessions" that are set to resume after the Oscar season has officially ended. I had postponed the viewings so that I could catch up with as many Oscar contenders as possible and now that I have (with the notable exceptions of La Vie En Rose and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly), I'm ready to refocus.


And for that... I need a list of films that we (myself, Tyler and whomever else wants to participate) haven't seen yet and want to discuss a little more in depth on the site.

So, what exactly is the "Lists of Bests" and how does it pertain exactly? Well, if you're an eagle-eye reader of the site, you may have noticed the RSS feed located in the right hand column near the bottom with an ever-expanding group of lists that "I am working on..."

The site is set up through "43 people" and "All Consuming.net" if you've heard of either of those previously, but really it's just a checklist for some of the "Best Films" of all-time. Academy Award Winners, AFI lists, the 1001 Movies You Need to See Before You Die, etc. etc. etc. I've filled out a ton of them already and there are surely more to come.

What I propose is that Tyler (and anyone else interested) goes to the site simply by clicking on the link in the right hand column and filling out some of the same lists as I have (some, not all obviously). Try to use the same login (chachiincharge) you have on this site so it will be easy for me to compare lists and see which films we truly need to add to our queue and watch immediately.

Personally, I think starting with either Academy Award Winners or the American Film Institute Top 100 list is a good place. But any list you fill out I will keep in consideration.

So get going and we'll get the Screening Room prepped for 2008!

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged