Monday, February 11, 2008

Party Time!


Well, it seems as though the writers strike will end tomorrow, which means several things. Lost will get its full 16 episode season, more than likely uninterrupted. Conan will no longer have to spin his wedding ring on his desk to kill time. And, the Oscars will have Bruce Vilanch to write jokes. So, as has become tradition, I will be hosting an Oscar get-together. Basically, I will spend that Sunday making a bunch of pizza and desserts and whatnot, then everyone will come and eat and laugh and argue and be merry. It's a good time. I make some pretty awesome pizza (Chachi will back me up on this), and this year I will be making a couple of the desserts I've been working on in class (I'm studying to be a pastry chef, for those who were unaware). Unfortunately, there is a small cover charge. $5-7 a person, just to help cover the ingredients (I'm a poor college kid working part-time in the Best Buy warehouse, give me a break). So, to sum up, pizza, dessert, Oscars, and good friends, plus a Pioneer Elite plasma HDTV, all for the low, low price of $5-7 a head. I will be needing RSVPs by the middle of next week, so shoot me an email to ptp22@email.vccs.edu. Of course I'll need to know how many, but also if you have a favorite pizza, I'll take requests, and, any allergies or the like as well...I don't like being responsible for hospitalizing people. So, get back to me sometime in the next week or so, and I'll get you the address and we'll have ourselves a party.

4 comments:

chachiincharge said...

If I bring a midget, do they pay half?

pengin said...

Sir, if you bring me a midget...you both get in free. So long as I get to keep it afterwards.

pengin said...

Super quick reminder. I've heard from 1 person on here (not counting Chachi) who is coming. Anyone else interested, I will need to know by Friday, so I can go shopping and begin the prep work. Currently planning 12 different types of pizza, 2 desserts, snacks and whatnot, plus, those Oscar prediction bragging rights can happen in person, which I'm hoping could lead to some kind of fisticuffs. Film-geek fisticuffs, but fisticuffs nonetheless.

Brian Mulligan said...

Hey pengin. Yeah, Kelly and I are gonna come by too. Just need to get directions from either you or chachi (you can send the address to lookout0238@hotmail.com and I'll just plug it into my brand new, nifty GPS. Wooo.). Should be a good time, we're definitely looking forward to it. Oh, and sorry for the slackness of my reply.

Blog Directory - Blogged